Whether you are going to wear a wig for medical reasons, to conceal premature balding, or simply because you are tired of your usual hairdo and are looking for a change, it is very important that you choose a wig that looks real and will not make you look like you are wearing a mop over your head.
There are many different kinds of wigs that you can choose from and one of the most popular is the lace front wig. These types of hairpieces are frequently recommended by hair experts because Body Wave Wig of their realistic appearance, their high level of versatility when it comes to styling, and many other reasons. Following are a list of the most significant advantages that lace front wigs can offer.
- Realistic appearance. The hair strands of a lace front wig are attached securely to a wig cap made of a strong but sheer type of lace fabric, which is almost invisible to the naked eye when worn on the head unless one takes a really close look. Because the lace is virtually undetectable, people will think that the wig you are wearing is your real hair, which is exactly what you want them to think.
- Style versatility. Also because of the indiscernible wig cap, you can part your hair anywhere you want without worrying that an unattractive base will be visible to other people. However, since only the front portion of the lace front wig is made of lace and the back portion is made of a thicker and more visible material, it wouldn’t be a good idea to wear your hair up in a high ponytail or a bun because doing so can reveal the unsightly base towards the back that you would want to conceal from people.
- Breathability. One of the problems about regular wigs that people often complain about is that it makes them feel hot and uncomfortable especially after prolonged use because the wig cap is too solid and does not allow the scalp to breathe. This is not a problem at all with front lace wigs because the lace material is so sheer that it not only allows the scalp to breathe but it would actually feel that it wasn’t there at all.
- Can be worn for long periods. The exact duration of how long a lace front wig can stay on would depend on the kind of adhesive that is used. When you use a high-quality glue or tape, the wig can stay on for as long as two weeks without shifting in place. However, if you only plan on wearing the wig for a short period, you can choose not to use an adhesive and instead just attach the wig using adjustable straps that normally come with the wig.
Of course, just as with anything else in this world, lace front wigs also come with some disadvantages that may make you want to think twice before choosing them as your wig of choice. Here are some of these drawbacks that you should know about:
- Fragile composition. Because of the sheerness of the lace used in the base of the wig, a lace front wig is more prone to damage than wigs with a thicker and sturdier base. It is also because of this that lace front wigs usually don’t last as long as some ordinary wigs with a thicker base.
- High price. Lace front wigs are not the most expensive wigs in the market but they do cost a lot compared to most of the other kinds out there. The ones that are made from real human hair are particularly costly, which is only to be expected considering the many advantages that these wigs have to offer. If you are on a rather tight budget, though, you might want to seriously consider buying a cheaper wig – you might even be able to find four or five of less expensive wigs for the price of one lace front wig.
- Need for special care. Since lace front wigs are inherently delicate, one needs to take special care of them using very specific products and procedures. In fact, if you are going to use your wig often, you can almost expect that it will require some kind of repair within a couple of months if you want to be able to keep using it.
- Short life span.Even with the most meticulous care and attention, most lace front wigs can only last up to six months if you use them regularly.
If you are still in the process of deciding whether to buy a lace front wig or some other type of hairpiece, you should weigh all these pros and cons very carefully. The only right decision in this matter is the one that will make you feel good and comfortable.